Thursday, February 12, 2009

Portraits (black & white)

These are some portraits of people done with regular graphite pencil.

Of course eveyone know's who this is.......Bob has been one of my favorites that I have ever drawn up! I was in the zone when I started this one, and he took me literally about an hour and a half to do. I know that sounds crazy...(it sounds crazy to me too, but I speak the truth!) People have tried everything from bribery to stealing it from me, but it's mine, and I don't think I can ever part with this one.



Kurt Cobain is another favorite of mine. I love Nirvana, and I had to draw the now iconic frontman. When drawing him up, for some reason my shading was very light. Normally I have a tendency to draw heavy, but he turned out very soft, and I liked the effect. I worked on him off and on for a good week, his beard was my toughest issue, but I think he turned out awesome.



Marilyn Monroe was never really on my mind to ever do, I ended up being asked to draw a picture of her for a good friend of mine's mom because she collects Monroe memorabilia. I liked the picture I made for her and decided to draw up one for myself. I shaded lightly for her also and I think the softness suits this pic.



I have some others too, but at the moment I can't locate them. I have an Elvis, and a Jim Morrison which is another one of my faves. When I find them, I'll post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment